Persephone Lost is a ruby red drink featuring pomegranate and a splash of the incomparable elderflower.
Persephone was a beautiful goddess of nature, kidnapped by the admiring god of the underworld. After eating 6 pomegranate seeds, she was required to spend 6 months in the underworld every year (i.e., fall & winter), and her desolate mother causes the whole world to mourn with her.
Let’s toast to endings and the promise of spring to come!
Ingredients (makes 1 drink)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp elderflower syrup
- 6 tsp lemon juice (a medium to large lemon)
- Chill the ingredients if not already chilled
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake
- Pour into a glass, using a strainer if you don’t like the pulp
- For a little tingle and lighter flavour, add a splash of soda water
You can also use ice but this will cause a bit of dilution and require faster drinking.
2 thoughts on “Persephone Lost mocktail”
Thanks for this beautiful recipe!