My lazy attempt at making Green Goddess dressing was a success more as a dip than as a salad dressing. First off, I didn’t have quite all the ingredients called for and secondly, I was not in a mood to haul out the blender and then wash it afterward.
But I stand behind the word “success”… a tangy, fresh-tasting creamy guacamole-like dip as I imagine it to be interpreted by the French.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 fine chopped garlic clove (I used half a clove and then added a pinch of garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave or other syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Ideally, use a blender or food processor.
- If you’re doing it manually, add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk them to a creamy consistency.