In my quest for delicious cookies, I’ve found that eggs are often present. While I salute the egg cookies, I wanted a naturally egg-free recipe. As opposed to one where I’d wrangled with the cookie until it wearily submitted a less tasty version of itself.
Imagine my delight to open the pages of Homemade by Clodagh McKenna to find an egg free cookie. The first opportunity to make these arrived today. The ingredients seem pretty similar to scones.
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup good-quality dark chocolate drops
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- Cream together butter and sugar until pale and paste-like.
- Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Add nuts and chocolate, and mix to form dough.
- If the dough is too crumbly, add a tablespoon of milk.
- Form cookies on a cookie sheet and cook for 13-15 minutes until browned on top.
Next time I would try to skip the milk and deal with the crumble factor, but these tasted great and I will be making them again soon.
One thought on “Chocolate hazelnut drops”
really good recipe!